So a rather routine software update became a whole new site layout instead!It all started as a simple security update for Drupal, a patch for 6.x Core. After it was applied, the DB update script went bad and most of the admin tables and half the node tables were shot. Most of the site's content and all the site permission/roles were gone.
Luckily the majority of the content was easily recovered, but the images weren't. I did still have the originals somewhere, but it was going to be a pretty big chunk of work to get them back in place. I figured since I was going to be putting a lot of time into the site to get the older posts back in place, I may as well move upto Drupal 7 while I was at it.
So here we are. Drupal 7 handles a lot of things differently than 6 did, so there's some content that still doesn't look quite right. It'll get cleaned up as I go.
The nice thing is D7 is much smoother to develop for, so the tank status stuff is coming along much faster than it did in D6. More on that front soon.